Sync contacts iPhone 4S & Snow Leopard

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S and a desktop Mac running Mac OS X 10.6.8

My wife has an iPhone 4S as well. I had been syncing my phone to the Mac and she had been syncing her phone to her Macbook.

Now she wants to sync to the desktop and when she did it merged all of her contacts with all of mine. This is unacceptable for her.

We went through all the contacts and put them into groups, a few for her and a few for me. Obviously some of the contacts are in more than one group.

Now when I sync to iTunes, I go to INFO and check which Contact groups I want to sync and once it is done I have an odd mismash of contacts, missing ones that I know are in my groups.

I found a forum post that mentioned I would have to set permissions in the contact list on the Mac but that hasn't appeared as an option that I can click on.

Any help would be welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Why doesn't she set up her own user account on the desktop with her own iCloud id? That would save a LOT of trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.