iPhoto won't display proper orientation of photos?... Bizarre

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16ghz
Anyone else experienced this? In iPhoto I have an event that contains pictures of my son outside in the yard. As usual, some photos I took by holding my camera "level" and others I took by orienting it 90 degrees to get pictures of him standing, playing etc. "taller" if you will. For some odd reason iPhoto will not display some of the 100 photos in this event properly; first, it took some of the thumbnails and stretched them horizontally. When I double-clicked on these particular photos to see what was wrong it opened them up full size, but oriented them incorrectly: sideways. When I single-clicked on the photo to close the full size and go back to the thumbnails in the event, the thumbnail of that particular photo was no longer stretched, but now the thumbnail was also oriented sideways.

The wierd thing is that if I double-click on any of these thumbnails now to get the full screen size for editing or whatever, it *opens* properly oriented (not sideways). So even tho the thumbnail is sideways, the pic itself is not. If I try to rotate the thumbnail using the rotate arrow so that the thumbnail is right side up, then when I open the full size for editing I find that the photo has rotated another 90 degrees--it's always 90 degrees off from the thumbnail. Any idea what the heck is going on here?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16ghz
So, has anyone heard of this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I would try rebuilding your thumbnail cache (holding command+option down while iPhoto loads).

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16ghz
Hey thanks a lot! That worked!!! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.