Uninstall Jailbreak

Reaction score
Previously, I JB my iPhone 3GS using Spirit. I updated to software 4.0, restored my phone, and have not re-jailbroken my iphone (I don't think it's possible anyway).

I want to update to 4.1, but it won't let me transfer my purchases (iPhone syncs and iTunes starts the process for a second then stops and my purchases aren't transfered.

I was advised that this might be because of a patch that allows hacked/cracked apps to install. Thus, I need to uninstall the package.

Does this mean that restoring it not delete all the hacked/cracked apps? If not, how do I uninstall the package?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hi there, we do not allow discussion of jailbreaking.

Your best bet is to restore the phone using iTunes.

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

C

chas_m

The OP already said he restored the iPhone and has not re-JB'd it.

FWIW I don't think any patch (or old software) survives a full restore, so if you've only done a soft restore I'd try a full one.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm beginning to believe that message is partly in error.

I had the same message on both of my 3GS phones. I use manually manage on both phones. After syncing apps and moving all my purchased video and music content into iTunes, I still received that message on both phones. I finally just went ahead and did the upgrade, and personally, did not lose anything on either phone. Can't guarantee the same for you until I see more results.

For me it's a matter of having purchased books on only one of the phones. And if you go to sync "only" the books, it tells you it's going to delete all your music and video from the phone. What the??? Come on Apple!!!! And it doesn't allow you to manually drag books into iTunes like you can your music and vids.

The other phone did not have anything on it that had not been synced with iTunes and still gave the message that it had purchased content when trying to do the upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.