Preveiw can't be opened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I was trying to open several photos on Preview, from Finder. Nothing happened apart from the blue highlight on the selected files turned grey. I then tried going to the Applications folder in Finder and it came up with the message "The application "Preview" can't be opened. -1712.

I am running OS X 10.9.2. I have no idea what the Preview level is as I can't open it? All was fine a couple of days ago when I was sorting some photos for a friend. Nothing has been done to the iMac since then.

Any ideas please folks?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I'm afraid that I wouldn't know where to start doing that Farrarr?

I never was any good at the software side of computers, big or small :eek: :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm afraid that I wouldn't know where to start doing that Farrarr?

I never was any good at the software side of computers, big or small :eek: :(

Hi John - try to 'Relaunch' Finder - may help? Go to the Apple (top left) > Force Quit which will bring up the menu attached - when you click on Finder - the 'Relaunch' option appears - click to see if this clears up your issues; if not post back. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 5.25.57 PM.png

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll give that a try in the morning Dave. I can't see straight at the mo. Bad cold for me, wife with second load of flu and sister and family arriving from Aussie on Friday are all taking their toll at the mo!

It never rains? Still, I may just get my warranty replacement 2Tb HDD for my NAS box tomorrow which will liven things up a tad??? Plus, the simm card for my new bloody smartass phone?

The iMac is off now. This is our MBP..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.