Saving Word Documents in iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.11.5; iPad2 (8.1.2-12B440); New iPad; MS-Office for Mac 2011 (14.5.5)
I have installed in my iMac (Mountain Lion-OS X 10.8.4) Windows Word (Microsoft for Mac 2011 – Version 14.3.5 (130515) .

I received a Word document (File extension .docx) by e-mail that I can view, but can only save it in the format .html. (So it says…)

It should be possible to simply save this file as a Word document? How?

Once as Word document, I can save it also as a PDF-File in order to copy it to an iPad.

One -rather clumsy way- is to select the entire text on the html file and copy/paste it to a blank Word sheet, But: after every line, there are three empty ones that would have to be manually deleted throughout all the pages.

PS.
I guess, the same goes for Excel spreadsheets.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The file may be corrupt or it isn't a *.docx file but rather saved as *.html which Word can read to and save. I receive many *.docx word documents that have been created in Windows Word and have no problem opening and saving them with Word 2011 for the Mac.

And by the way, I move your post here as it has nothing to do with running Windows on your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.