latest airport extreme firmware isnt that great.

Reaction score
my airport extreme was working awesome, till this last update.

now it seems they have removed the 802.11n (5ghz) I used to be connected at 300mbps now im 120mbps I assume because of the interfearance at the 2.4 and 5.8ghz bands.

also my airport disk is usless. now whenever any of my two macbooks goto sleep the disk wont auto reconnect, even if I try and manually connect it tells me my user/passwd is incorrect untill I reboot the router.

any idea's ?

OP
U
Reaction score
I phoned applecare and they had me reset the extreme back to factory defaults. all seems well now. unsure why it choked after firmware update. but its good now.

Reaction score
I phoned applecare and they had me reset the extreme back to factory defaults. all seems well now. unsure why it choked after firmware update. but its good now.

How do you reset back to default?

Mine disconnects every 10 minutes or so. this is the 2nd one (returned the 1st one) but I did do the upgrade on both so maybe this ill help me also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.