problems with art for albums on iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
anyone ever have the problem of the wrong artwork being displayed for an artist on the iPod, but not on iTunes? It happens to me occasionally and I have to delete the artwork, then add it back to the album. Is there a way to fix this?

Reaction score
It sometimes depends on album title..

iTunes using ITMS should not be a problem, but I do know that if you download from another site and try to get art using a widget, you must have the correct album title in that field in the iTunes library in order to retrieve art or the correct art.

I wish I knew of a way to get all of the song info from Gracenote when I download from another site.

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
farmcock said:
iTunes using ITMS should not be a problem, but I do know that if you download from another site and try to get art using a widget, you must have the correct album title in that field in the iTunes library in order to retrieve art or the correct art.

I wish I knew of a way to get all of the song info from Gracenote when I download from another site.

my problem is that I've had the correct artwork for the album and it will appear correct on the iPod, but then something changes and the artwork gets changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Deja Vu..

They changed something...

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
can someone help me with this problem?

i'll try to better explain what happens.

i'll rip a CD from my collection, then find the artwork online and add it to the album. it is displayed correctly on iTunes. Then when I upload it to my iPod, something gets messed up. When I play the album on my iPod, the artwork from a different album will be attached to my newly uploaded album. The artwork that is incorrectly attached to my new album is from artwork of an album already on my iPod.

Does anyone experience this problem? I just restored my iPod to see if that will fix it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
TomyDingo said:
can someone help me with this problem?

i'll try to better explain what happens.

i'll rip a CD from my collection, then find the artwork online and add it to the album. it is displayed correctly on iTunes. Then when I upload it to my iPod, something gets messed up. When I play the album on my iPod, the artwork from a different album will be attached to my newly uploaded album. The artwork that is incorrectly attached to my new album is from artwork of an album already on my iPod.

Does anyone experience this problem? I just restored my iPod to see if that will fix it

This just happened to me last night. To clear it up for those who misunderstood the first time: the album artwork is correctly matched in Itunes. On the iPod, however, it's all mixed up. I'm going to try unchecking album artwork the next time I update my 'pod, then checking it for the following update. Maybe that'll clear things up.

How did the restore turn out?

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what i think was screwing it up was the application Clutter I was using to add the artwork to itunes. I stopped using Clutter and now just manually add artwork and it hasn't messed up since

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.