How to set up forward mac mail to gmail account??

Reaction score
In the future, I'd like to automatically forward all my emails from mac mail to my gmail account. This can't be too difficult...can someone provide assistance?

Thanks so much,

Daniel

Reaction score
If you don't want to have to have your mail app open all the time for the forwarding to work you need to get it done at the server end, if the mail provider has a web interface you may be able to do it there, otherwise you will need to contact the mail provider and have them set it up.

Not quite sure from your question what exactly your requirements are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In the future, I'd like to automatically forward all my emails from mac mail to my gmail account. This can't be too difficult...can someone provide assistance?

Thanks so much,

Daniel
There is no such thing as a "mac mail" account.

Apple has a service called MobileMe, which includes email. If you would like to forward your MobileMe mail to another account, see this page:
MobileMe Mail Help: Forwarding messages automatically

Reaction score
I want to undo that forward action help

HI
Hope someone can help.

When I set up my MobileMe mail I somehow set it to forward to my comcast account. Now I realize that I get two copies of my in messages showing up

I'll try to be clear:
In my Mail I have a "Master Inbox" (a tab that compiles all the incoming emails from my 3 email accounts). Under that are separte "tabs" for each email account. When the Master Inbox is "on" I see messages from all three accounts "merged" together. This is great. The problem is that
somewhere at the beginning of signing up for MobileMe, before I understood that I would be able to have some "master" inbox, I set my mobileme account to auto forward all my emails to my comcast account. So because they are now both in the original MobileMe Inbox AND the Comcast inbox they show up twice in the "Master Inbox".

It is not set up as a RULE and that is the only thing I can find that seems to have anything to do with it but that is not it.

Hope someone can show me how to undo this. It is a pain deleting all of them one by one. And I don't. That's why my "master inbox" has about 600 unread messages in it on a regular basis and a lot of unnecessary clutter.

THanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.