Apps Crash Every Time I print from *any* Application

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an iMac G4, running OSx 10.5.8.

I recently installed the HP Officejet 7310 All-in-software on my machine. I downloaded directly from HP and ran install. Everything seemed okay. However, since doing it, I can't print from any software package (Apple Mail, Word, Excel, Safari, Explorer, Adobe, etc.).

What happens is every time I go to Print, the color wheel spins then the Application crashes.

Sometimes, I get the following error message: "Application Mail quit unexpectedly. The Problem may have been caused by the hp_aio_print2_pde plug-in."

Does anyone know how to remove this plug-in?

I already uninstalled the HP software and no files are in the print queue. I've rebooted my machine twice and ran a disk repair permissions. Nothing seems to work.

Before installing this new software, my machine printed fine. My printer is plugged into my TimeMachine and I print using Airport.

I have other Macs on my network and they all print fine so I believe it is this HP software I installed that corrupted things.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.