ibook vs garage band

T

thebluemonkey

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking about swithcing, but I've got one question for those of you who have used garage band.

Since I am looking between an ibook and a powerbook, I would like to know if a ibook g4 12" would be able to run garage band smoothly with more than 4 or 5 five instruments at a time!

Thank's for helping me in my switch process!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I deleted your other thread no double posts allowed

If you max out the RAM garageband should be fine. GarageBand can only record one track at a time so you wouldn't be able to have 4 or 5 different instrument tracks

OP
Z

Zach_C

You should be able to run it just fine. RAM is the big thing as mentioned before.

To clear it up for someone who has not used GarageBand; you may have the four instrument tracks you want but you can not record them simultaneously. I record each instrument one at a time.

Recording multiple times is easier than it sounds. If you start with the drums you will have the beat and timing set for the oher instruments. It is also easy to start with a guitar.

Good Luck with your new Mac. The iBooks are good machines and Garageband is addicting. The virtual amps are amazing. Steve never went over the other instruments virtual amps in his stevenote but they are all equally amazing. Have fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.