Screen colours/calibration goes dodgy when switching users?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 2GB RAM, 5G iPod 30GB
I keep several user accounts active on my macbook, one for general use, one for running my recording software etc.

Sometimes, when switching from my Logic/audio account to my main account using the fast switching in the top right, the colour setup on the monitor goes weird...it's like the monitor's suddenly been recalibrated so everything has a blue tint to it. I have to reboot OS X to reset the colours to normal.

A minor niggle, but one I thought I'd share. Anybody else had this problem and managed to solve it? It never happens at any other time, and I don't have any calibration or colour settings different on the other account than on my normal one. Thanks for any info.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 2GB RAM, 5G iPod 30GB
So it's just me then :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook; G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; 30 gig; Combo Drive; Radeon 9200
That really seems like a weird issue (like I'm sure you didn't know that already lol). If you do not get any responses on here maybe check the apple site. Or, worse comes to worse, re-install the OS. To me, it doesn't sound like a hardware issue because if it was it should happen all the time. Have you tried setting the color settings for each user? Maybe, somehow, the color settings for each user got jacked up or something??? Let us know what happens!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.