WARNING: Pokemaker Childrens' App Has ADULT CONTENT!

M

MJG196

I found the Pokemaker app in the iTunes App Store (rated at 4+) and thought it would be good for my 9 year old. However, he found some very explicit pictures and I immediately deleted the app. Many pictures (photos and cartoons) of nude women and children (I didn't look for men). I commented in the App Store reviews, but nothing has been done. The link to the company's Customer Support goes to a dead site, too.

I am not sure if cartoon sexual images of children are illegal - but if they are, then this app is violating them. I am putting this out there for all of you parents!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm going to let this thread stand although here is really not the appropriate place to post something like this. I understand your concern as a parent and suggest you contact Apple direct about it. Comments left in the review section of an App are probably going to be overlooked. And as far as trying to get through to the developers goes, you may be beating a dead horse.

Contact Apple customer service by direct phone.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I can't see where this is the developer or Apple's fault. I took a quick look (honestly know nothing about Poke) but absolutely the same justification and problems exist with Mobile Safari.
The APP appears to allow access to a forum for sharing and exchanging cards members have created. The content of the cards is driven by the membership, just as the content of web pages is driven by the creators of the web sites.

I agree it ought to be a little clearer in the APP description, but bottomline is any APP that provides broader access to the net also opens up the user (kids in this case) to exposure to stuff we parents would rather they didn't see.

OP
M

MJG196

I can't see where this is the developer or Apple's fault. I took a quick look (honestly know nothing about Poke) but absolutely the same justification and problems exist with Mobile Safari.
The APP appears to allow access to a forum for sharing and exchanging cards members have created. The content of the cards is driven by the membership, just as the content of web pages is driven by the creators of the web sites.

I agree it ought to be a little clearer in the APP description, but bottomline is any APP that provides broader access to the net also opens up the user (kids in this case) to exposure to stuff we parents would rather they didn't see.

All very good points, but the real issue is that this is rated 4+. And if members are able to upload sexually explicit pics of cartoon children - legally - then there should certainly be a warning.

Reaction score
Pokemunity adult content

Hi, we are the developers and maintainers of Pokemaker and the Pokemunity site.

We take such things very seriously and endevour to keep the product as clean and appropriate as possible.

All posts go through a moderator queue and we find it surprising that this has managed to get through. We are therefore going to investigate immediately and work out how it has happened.

We are also looking at improving services and ensure we are contactable at all times, so we will be checking the support links and looking at other mechanisms such as flagging content should something get through.

I am not sure why your contact to support did not arrive, but posting reviews does not really allow us to respond as Apple keeps developers and customers apart in the review side.

So, I am glad we found this post and can get on to addressing it immediately.

Thank you,
Pokemunity Support

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.