Problems with email attachments

M

MARKT

I'm new to Mac, and have some questions, I feel it will be quite a bit of questins, when I send out emails with attachments some people tell me that they are not getting this attachments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
What kind of attachment? Some people's email providers will filter attachments by type. So a .exe or .bat or .dll or such would not make it through to them.

OP
M

MARKT

Help

Problem that I'm having is when I send picture files and also word file to PC users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
In your Mac Mail program, go to Edit -> Attachments and make sure "Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments" is checked.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
In your Mac Mail program, go to Edit -> Attachments and make sure "Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments" is checked.

Good luck!

Windows friendly... ha ha ha.

Well that's a simple answer. On the off chance he has to upload attachments to an internet server client, just always remember to put the 3 letter extension on your files. .doc on a word document, .txt on a text document and .jpg on a JPEG. if you use appleworks, export using RTF and make sure you put the extension on the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

Good luck!

my wife is having the same problems and i could not figure out why, but i will not check those setting on her mini, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.