How to burn CD in OS 10.2.8 for use on PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerPC G4 OS 10.2.8
Would anyone know how to burn files (jpgs, docs, movs) onto a CD in OS 10.2.8 for use on a Windows PC? I tried using Disc Copy to create a disc image file and then changing the file extension to .iso before burning it to CD. But the Windows PC couldn't see the files. Is there another way? I also have Disc Burner available if this would work better than Disc Copy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can use Disk Utility to burn a data disc, which will be readable on a PC, or get Burn, a free utility, that will also do so, and may be a little easier to use.

Burn - Home

Just insert the disc, drag the files you want to transfer over onto it, and burn as a data disc.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerPC G4 OS 10.2.8
Thanks for the reply. I'm on 10.2.8 and disc utility doesn't burn CDs, but disc copy does from a disc image. I tried this but it didn't work (not so easy to use as you mentioned) so I was going to try Disc Burner since it supports 10.2.8 and it can burn folders as well as disc images. I was wondering if I use Disc Burner (version 1.1) to burn a folder whether the CD will be readable on a Windows PC.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerPC G4 OS 10.2.8
Thanks again for your reply. The reason I was going to use Disc Burner is because the Finder is not displaying the blank CD icon for some reason. I have the system preferences for blank CDs set to Open Finder but the icon doesn't display. So, as a work around I wanted to try Disc Burner. Any experience with this application on 10.2.8?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Toast has the option to burn for Mac also Mac and PC but I think with such an old OS you are up against it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.