Hot Palms

Reaction score
hey

does anybody else who uses the ibookg4 get a really hot left palm from the battery area? i get it but then i get twitching in my left hand which is really uncomfortable and i have had to stop using the laptop keys and use a keyboard.

any help???

thanks

pod

Reaction score
Yes, the area to the left of the trackerpad gets warm... but the battery is on the right hand side - on my G4 anyway! I 'think' the hard disc is on the left - which is why there are a series of vents on the side - to aid cooling. The 'twitching' could be from the angle you hold your wrist when using the keypad - I 'float' my hands over this area rather than rest them on the ibook itself - I also float them because I know someone else who rests on the ibook and after a while you get two shiny/darker areas which spoils the surface (purely cosmetic I know!)...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Correct, the Hard Drive is on the Left. It gets a bit warm but has NEVER bothered me in anyway using it for hours. The side with the battery (The Right Side) is very cold on my iBook 1.33Ghz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.