Finder....

Reaction score
Hi, I'm back with another question. :[
I did buy a book to help me understand my new iMac, but, I am still confused about 'Finder'. I really do not understand it. Do I put 'stuff' in Finder, or does it go there automatically?

Reaction score
Finder is identical to Explorer (slightly better). Stuff you download go in the download folder and installs go to Application folder. Are you looking for something specific?

OP
S
Reaction score
hmmmmmm

No, wasn't looking for a thing, just curious how I would use 'Finder'. Ohhh, so much to learn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
No, wasn't looking for a thing, just curious how I would use 'Finder'. Ohhh, so much to learn.

I hate to sound rude, but if you are this confused with Finder, then you really need to go get a beginner's guide on how to use OS X. Learning the basics will go a long way to increasing your satisfaction with your computer experience.

OP
S
Reaction score
nooo, not rude

I am not offended, I agree with you. I just need to settle down with my book and start fresh. I appreciate the help I receive here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you looked at Switch 101 and Mac 101 on apple.com? Very helpful to persons new to Macs.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you ... I'll look there before I ask those dumb questions. *sigh. Also, I have a neighbor who is a Mac person. I should have looked at a number of places before I post hunting for answers to my beginner questions.

Thank you for your replies, I really do appreciate your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Finder is an application which allows you to use your computer to view windows, and other applications. It translates binary information into graphics and text that you can understand. I think. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
It is sorta like your My Computer folder and your C:/ Drive all in one and on steriods because anything on your computer can be gotten too or "found" using finder. At least thats how I see it and I just switched also

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thank you ... I'll look there before I ask those dumb questions. *sigh. Also, I have a neighbor who is a Mac person. I should have looked at a number of places before I post hunting for answers to my beginner questions.

Thank you for your replies, I really do appreciate your help.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. :) Don't be afraid to ask questions… just be aware that a little self-education will go a long ways to helping you understand the answers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.