iMovie '08 ... iDon't Like it... Do you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
okay, so I just converted to the world of Mac, mainly because for years I've wanted to but was waiting for my horrible excuse of a computer die, I had been using Pinacle studio.

Before I had a chance to check out iMovie 08 I looked over the reviews on the apple website and found that it is less than stellar, I always give the benifit of the doubt and make my own decision about such products. Pinacle was fairly simple to use and was a lot like iMovie 6 (to which i've seen several times) except iMovie was very easy to navigate, and just seemed more intuative.

After reading reviews and information I discovered that iMovie 08 was a complete redesign, not an improvement or upgrade, but a completely new program, I must say I hate it personally. The controls are cumbersome, confusing and just not friendly from other video editing software I've seen. Mac is aparently offering iMovie 6 HD to those who have installed iMovie 08, but does this include new iMac owners that had iLife 08 pre-installed?

What are your thoughts on the new iMovie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I have not used video editing software for 10 years, until iMovie08. With a fresh set of eyes, I find iMovie incredibly awesome. Easy, Fast, Elegant. What's the problem =)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have played with iMovie '08 a little bit and find that some of the things in iMovie '06 are missing. iMovie '08 appears to be very much little iPhoto. In the new version I have not found out ow to add titles and short clips as of yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.