Tiger (iMac version) on Powermac G5 dual?!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I purchased my Powermac G5 2.5 dual about a year ago which as you all know, shipped with Panther. Recently I purchased an iMac G5 for home use and it shipped with Tiger. My question is: can I install the "iMac version" (that's what it says on the installation DVD) of Tiger on my office Powermac G5 2.5 Dual? A friend of mine, that I consider computer/mac savvy, says that I can´t because the OS is hardware dependant! But then again I haven´t found anything online that says anything about different versions of Tiger!

Any thoughts?

Thanx in advance.

Briss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Legally no, you cannot do that. Each license for Tiger is only able to be installed on one machine. You can always buy another Tiger license for your Power Mac.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi Schweb,

Sure thing, won´t even try. Btw, do you think that I'll gain significant performance on a Powermac G5 dual by upgrading to Tiger? I use Adobe CS 1, mainly Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.

Thanx

Briss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You might. In my experience each release of OS X has shown performance improvements. I'd be surprised if you don't at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.