How do you clean iBook screen?

I

iDVFH.

For the simple dust that collects on the screen I use a simple soft cloth, but for those finger prints (that somehow get there meanwhile I never touch the screen) what do you use..a soft lightly damp wet cloth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
dirrrrty screen?

I've heard not to use windex or anything with ammonia. I usually just use a damp cloth, but if you have stubborn greasy fingerprints I have used rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball but only very rarely. I have had my iBook for allmost a year now and no problems with my screen thus far.

OP
W

warrenbert

Sounds like you have screen-gnomes roaming around in your house at night.

IBM has always recommended a 50/50 mix of water and isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). I have had many different laptops and this has always worked for me. I also have a special cloth that I bought at CompUSA which won't scratch the screen.

Reaction score
I use a cleaning brush thing that I've had for years for cleaning vinyl records, works a treat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I use iKlear. Got it from the Apple Store and it works great.

OP
C

code777

i also "hear" that product Ice Creame takes out all the fine scratches/scuff marks on the iBook. Never tried it but i read that it does work wonders. I think the local Apple stores are now carrying it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.