H/D speed in bootcamp

Cam

Reaction score
I've been running windows on my mac pro for a few days now, but I've noticed the loading times of windows itself, and any programs in windows are pretty slow. Much slower in fact than my 3 year old IDE equiped pc. All load times on the osx side of things are fine. I'm sure I've read about there being problems with SATA and bootcamp somewhere, but I've searched the forums here and can't find anything relevant. Is there a fix for this, or is there something wrong with my computer? I'm only using windows for a few games really, but load times are back to good old playstation load times, and I really can't be arsed! Any ideas on this?

Reaction score
Hmm...I'm not sure. The Boot Camp 1.1.1 drivers may have fixed this. If not, you may just have to wait for a new release of Boot Camp. You're not using any third party hard drives, are you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
BootCamp is still a beta software so there can still be issues with it

OP
C

Cam

Reaction score
Spent the night searching the net - there are some huge postings on this on other mac sites I've discovered. I haven't tried this yet, but apparently this is the fix. http://macprojournal.com/xp.html

I wouldn't be trusting apple to fix this anytime soon, so I'm gonna give this a go today. This problem will affect everyone with a mac pro and bootcamp, so I'd be checking this out before you assume windows will run well on your mac - it wont.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do what Cam posted. Anand of Anandtech did and it FLYS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.