Problem with Network in Finder.

A

Aaron_H

Hi all,
I'm sorry if this is a pretty n00bish question. I'm kinda new to networking with macs (I've had one for about a year, but not really done much in the way of networking with it).

A while back I backed up some files from my Windows XP box (boo!!).. and copied them over to my Mac Mini (1.42Ghz G4, 512MB RAM.. OS X 10.3)..
everything went smooth (can't remember how I did it, I tried a lot of things.. 'cos Windows didn't like playing with the Mac...) but even so, I dropped the connection because I don't need it anymore..

Anyways, since then, whenever I've loaded up the "Computer" directory in Finder... this would show up:

networkcs8.jpg

As you can see, the network icon is blank... Also, it will not open (by either Command+O or double clicking)..

I basically just want to restore functionality back to this shortcut.

It's no biggie if people can't help. Since I can actually access that very folder (the network directory), via the Go menu in finder. Or on the sidemenu of that window... it's just the icon in the main window itself..

Sorry if this isn't making any sense.
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Try deleting your finder pref

heres how to do it it should work

Aaron Hopkinson>library>preferencs

then fine the com.apple.finder.plist and drag it to the trash bin. log off then back in and it should work

OP
A

Aaron_H

Yeah, that worked.
Thanks a lot. :)

- I wish I knew as much about OS X as I do with all the versions of Windows. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
haha im a noob with it too but i guess i learn fast... glad i helped :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.