PLEASE HELP ME, never owned a mac before (2011 Macbook Air 11'')

Reaction score
I never had a mac before, a little stupid on the computer side, I bought the new 2011 Macbook Air 11'' and I forgot to shutdown, the computer sleep insteads, and then I gave it to a friend to take overseas, in a plane trip/layover that lasted 5 days.

The laptop was on sleep mode the entire time, not shutdown. What kind of damages can I expect? Did it overheat the entire time in a tight cloth bag? Please help me understand the damages I can expect. Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When the machine sleeps, it uses only a very small amount of current to keep the system clock and the boot rom alive. It would have shut itself down if it got too hot. You were a real good friend if you loaned out your brand new machine to a friend to take overseas. Anyway no damaged should have occurred.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2005 G4 Mini & 2014 Mini & 2020 M1 Mini
I'd worry about it not coming home though!

Reaction score
The 2011 MacBook Air can last up to thirty days on standby. It enters standby mode after being in sleep mode for an hour. You should be fine :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.