• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I got jobs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
So I was sitting in class on Monday really worried about my job prospects for the summer. Tuesday comes around and I find out that I got the judicial externship! Typically most people get to shadow one judge, but I was one of the two special people that will be getting the opportunity to shadow two judges.

Now I'm thinking I'm set for the summer. Well today I walked into my career services office to find that I got two jobs at the District Attorney's office! Now I can't take the one I was offered for the summer since it's a conflict of interest with the job at the court, however I got an offer for the Fall as well. It's gonna be at the DNA panel, so I get to do all that fun CSI stuff. :D

I went from having no job over the summer to being employed from now till the end of the year. It's been a good week :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 1.9ghz PPC 2gb Ram,250gb HD

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
So I was sitting in class on Monday really worried about my job prospects for the summer. Tuesday comes around and I find out that I got the judicial externship! Typically most people get to shadow one judge, but I was one of the two special people that will be getting the opportunity to shadow two judges.

Now I'm thinking I'm set for the summer. Well today I walked into my career services office to find that I got two jobs at the District Attorney's office! Now I can't take the one I was offered for the summer since it's a conflict of interest with the job at the court, however I got an offer for the Fall as well. It's gonna be at the DNA panel, so I get to do all that fun CSI stuff. :D

I went from having no job over the summer to being employed from now till the end of the year. It's been a good week :)
I've had a good week too. I got accepted to teacher's college today to start after I finish my MA!

Sorry, I hope I didn't hijack your thread.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Congrats Kash! Sounds great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Good job Kash and vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
OP
Kash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've had a good week too. I got accepted to teacher's college today to start after I finish my MA!

Sorry, I hope I didn't hijack your thread.

That's awesome, congrats!

I still have SBA and fraternity elections this week. Hopefully my luck carries through the weekend :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Same to you. For such a bad economy, you seemed to have fared really well.

Reaction score
That is great news - couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hey Kash - that's some good stuff coming your way. Sounds pretty darn cool!! I'm glad for ya.

and Congrats on your acceptance vansmith.

Reaction score

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
sounds like you are going to doing something you like! congrats!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Congratulations and I wish you luck on your new job.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.