Looking for case for my new MacBook (aluminum)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
I went to the apple store but no dice, Any ideas where I can get a low profile case that that protects my laptop but doesnt add bulk

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Like a Neoprene case? Or something with a hard cover?

OP
jpics
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
Just something to protect the sweet aluminium finish

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, iPod Classic
Try the sticky post at the top of the forum about cases and bags.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
I have to second the incase one, its is slightly bulkier but provides the best protection of the soft cases I looked at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Aluminum, 2.0 GHz 2 GB DDR3 (Late 2008)
I bought a Tucano on Amazon, and I personally think the fit is great. It also has a little protective part so that the zipper can't scratch the macbook while it's inside. Give it a look.

Reaction score
I just got the speck see thru and I love it. Protects my aluminum macbook, still have access to all my ports so I never have to take it out of the case, and its clear so it still shows off the beauty of the macbook.

Adds a little weight, but nothing too bad. Though my opinion might be skewed because I also have a macbook air and the macbook seems that much heavier altogether.

*NOTE* I got mine on ebay for $40 inc. shipping compared to $50+ from speck's website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.