Mac Mini - 1 VGA port, 2 monitors?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Can my vintage 2007 Mac Mini be set up to display on two monitors?

Would it require some sort of splitter to do that? (If it's possible.)

I have successfully gotten it to display on my TV, but I can't see the TV from where the computer is located. It would be great if I could view the images on the TV and on the monitor at my desk.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Buy one of these from Amazon.com = LINK

OP
toMACsh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ah! So there is a way. Thanks.

I ran a test yesterday disconnecting from the monitor I use all the time and connecting to the TV during a Skype call. It worked, for awhile. I'm not sure if the problems were internet related, Skype, or my cabling. I'm testing this out for a one-time use. The VGA extension cable was $25 at Best Buy. I found one online for half that, including shipping, so I ordered it. I'll return the other one.

I was able to do what I needed to do with some help. I can't see the TV from my chair at the computer. It's right below me to my left. Leaning over the railing doesn't cut it. So my wife says "A little to the left, now up..." etc. to direct the cursor on the screen. I guess that will be good enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.