Windows Drivers for Mac

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted or not yet but is there any way at all possible to install a windows driver on my macbook pro? I don't want to use bootcamp or anything like that just want to be able to run the driver on my macbook.

The driver in question is for my xbox one controller, the driver was just released for PC but so far does not work on macbook.

Any help is appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
In short , no there isn't. You can Download Crossover from CodeWeavers and use their trial and see if that works. But, I don't like you chances.
Why do you need to run this on your Mac ? Whats the Driver do ?? I have a couple of Apps, namely GamePad Companion or Xbox 360 Controller that I use to play games with on my Mac, using the Xbox wired Controller.
The latter is a driver made up for the Xbox controller to use on the Mac and sits in System Preferences. You can map your buttons and D-Pads all you like as well. It works well with 90% of the games I have played.

HTH

OP
M
Reaction score
I will try these today, my only concern is that those are for the older xbox 360 controllers and it's probably different from the new Xbox One controllers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have to agree with Brent. CrossOver is a great way to run Windows apps that it supports and even some that it doesn't officially. However, Windows drivers are a horse of a different color since they're normally *.sys or even *.exe type files. Without a supporting Windows application and installer, CrossOver won't know what to do with the file.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You cannot run drivers from other OS' in OS X, its too tightly coupled with the OS to ever work. Running Windows application is one thing since it's done at a much higher level where an alternate API can be provided..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
However, Windows drivers are a horse of a different color since they're normally *.sys or even *.exe type files. Without a supporting Windows application and installer, CrossOver won't know what to do with the file.

You cannot run drivers from other OS' in OS X, its too tightly coupled with the OS to ever work. Running Windows application is one thing since it's done at a much higher level where an alternate API can be provided..

And there you go. Good info, and yet again, I have learnt something new . . . Never really knew Windows when I used it, as I didn't find it logical.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.