Hard drive is making bleeping sounds while erasing?

Reaction score
I'm trying to erase my G4 Powerbook 1.5 ghz laptop and it is making digital noises like bleeps. Is everything ok? Is this normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Usually you hear such a noise at the end of its life. I would strongly recommens you to make backup of all the important files/folders in case....

OP
D
Reaction score
Usually you hear such a noise at the end of its life. I would strongly recommens you to make backup of all the important files/folders in case....

Are you refering to the hard drive or something else? My computer is only 2 years old. What does the beeping mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I'm referring to the HDD. If you have used your PB intensively, there is a possibility of wear & tear, even after 2 years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.