I can't restore my music or photos using Backup 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual-Core 2.3GHz PM G5, GF7800GT, 2GB RAM, Dell 2407FPW, 1.42GHz iBook 1.5GB RAM
I backed up my Home folder, iphoto library, itunes music, and everything else Backup allows prior to wiping my HD clean and putting a clean install of 10.5. When I try to restore my music, photos, settings, etc, using Backup, I get an error message that the restore has failed.
I've tried multiple times but I get the same outcome.

Anyone else have this problem or suggest a workaround? i can deal with losing the music....just not my photos.

Thanks

P.S. I backed up everything onto a external Firewire HD, not iDisk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Apple released an update to Backup yesterday to coincide with the Leopard launch... Maybe you need to download the update......

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Used Back up with Tiger and then downloaded the newest Backup 3 for Leopard and everything worked well. All my stuff transferred over...music, pix, bookmarks etc.

Make sure you use the newest version of backup like stated. Let us know if it works.

I also backed up everything to an external firewire drive. WD My Book Home Edition.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual-Core 2.3GHz PM G5, GF7800GT, 2GB RAM, Dell 2407FPW, 1.42GHz iBook 1.5GB RAM
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but all of my backups appear to be "incremental" and not "full backups". I am running Backup 3.1.2, but the restore fails each time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.