iPhone 4, jailbreak/unlock

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm DELTA, a mac user. Well i bougth a new iphone 4 in haiti from a freind, but it wasn't unlock, i jailbreaked it n try to unlocked it with ultrasn0w, but i was surprise because when i saw the way that the SIM is, i took a pair of sisors an croped my SIM like the AT&T micro SIM, a message on the screen said that " NO SIM", i don't know how to resolve that, can anyone could help me resolve that. Well actually, i'm in Haiti with it, i'm waitin for your good solution for that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You will need to unlock your iPhone before you can use a micro sim from another carrier. Also, when trimming a normal size sim you have to be careful not cut the small circuit board.

Regards.

Reaction score
Mini Sim to Micro Sim

If you carefully line up a regular mini-sim with the AT&T microsim, mark where to cut with a sharp knife and then cut it should work. It worked for me in Central Asia.

You should be able to get another sim with your telephone number and then try again. I bought a couple of sims and practiced before cutting the sim that I actually wanted to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I would also like to add after you cut down the sim, you may have to remove and re-insert the sim several times before the iPhone detects it, I had this same issue with my iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
I'd use an exacto knife to cut it to make sure the cut is precise.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi guys, firts of all thanks a lot, but i'm gonna trie cutting an other sim, but when i inserted the one that i cutted it said "no sim", i don't know why iphone 4 won't read my SIM?

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi guys, i got an otter problem with the iphone 4 with ios 4.0, it doesn't want to restore with the firmware, it said that the iphone isn't eligible. Well, what should i do please ............

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Hi guys, i got an otter problem with the iphone 4 with ios 4.0, it doesn't want to restore with the firmware, it said that the iphone isn't eligible. Well, what should i do please ............

You can only restore to the latest firmware (4.0.2) unless you saved your SHSH blobs in Cydia if you had previously jailbroken before.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi gys, it's ok for the iphone 4, it works. The big prob it's ios 4.1 on iphone 3g/s, the ios won't be downgraded, n untill now there's no way to jailbreak an unlock, i tried to do it with some news that i found on Modmyi, but nothing happen, how can we do this?

OP
W
Reaction score
hi guys, what's happening with this, i tried to downgrade an iphone 3gs 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 firts it works, now i try to did it again for a freind it say that is not eligle ....... what i suppose to tell him please

Reaction score
hello

Hy guys. I've purchased new iPhone 4 in app store in New York. But since I'm not from USA, I will like to unlock my phone for other carriers. I know that there's not any unlocking software for iOS 4.1 out jet, but I'm just wondering, If any one knows, how long will I have to wait for it?
Thanks ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Shouldn't be asking those questions on this forum. Pretty sure this thread should be shut down. the OP asked about fitting a sim card to the new iphone but asking about jailbreaks and unlocks is forbidden i'm pretty sure and we don't speak of it here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shouldn't be asking those questions on this forum. Pretty sure this thread should be shut down. the OP asked about fitting a sim card to the new iphone but asking about jailbreaks and unlocks is forbidden i'm pretty sure and we don't speak of it here.

That's wrong discussion is permitted .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah okay. Was not too sure. Pretty sure I saw an admin tell someone off before and close other threads. I must be mistaken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah okay. Was not too sure. Pretty sure I saw an admin tell someone off before and close other threads. I must be mistaken.

When the U.S. Government made jailbreaking officially legal Schweb opened up the topic for discussion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh well that makes sense. Didn't Apple make it so you can't jailbreak though? I know it will always be jailbroken one way or another someone always finds a way. I guess just cause they (Apple) doesn't like it doesn't mean they can't legalize it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh well that makes sense. Didn't Apple make it so you can't jailbreak though? I know it will always be jailbroken one way or another someone always finds a way. I guess just cause they (Apple) doesn't like it doesn't mean they can't legalize it.

I don't own an iPhone anymore,But there is such a demand for unlocked/jailbroken iPhones there will always be jailbreaks at least until Factory unlocked iPhones are readily available at an affordable price.

Reaction score
I knew thatjailbreaking is legal. I read it somewhere. But my question still remains. Does anyone knows how long should we (the new iPhone4 users) have to wait for carrier unlock. :)
Thakns

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I knew thatjailbreaking is legal. I read it somewhere. But my question still remains. Does anyone knows how long should we (the new iPhone4 users) have to wait for carrier unlock. :)
Thakns

Currently the hackers are working on a jailbreak, they have not given a release date and most of the time will not give one, So that Apple does not catch up. My best guess is that you will see it once 4.2 is shipped.

Reaction score
Currently the hackers are working on a jailbreak, they have not given a release date and most of the time will not give one, So that Apple does not catch up. My best guess is that you will see it once 4.2 is shipped.

O.K. Thank you. If you're right we'll have to wait 'till November. Not to long :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.