Some programs simply won't open...

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm really new here (first post), but I'm hoping you can give me some much-needed help. I have an Intel MacBook Pro, and recently some of the programs have simply been not opening. Limewire, Windows Media Player, Yahoo Messenger, any of the Microsoft Office Applications, and many other programs fail to open. They bounce in the dock once or twice and then disappear, at best. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and that doesn't work. All of the software is up to date also. Any help would be great, as this is an extremely aggrivating problem. Thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you try repairing permissions.

applications -> utilities -> disk utility

Select your system disk, then select the repair permission button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I bet all the apps you're trying to run are PowerPC apps and you have an issue with Rosetta.

Just go to the application (in the Apps folder). Click on it once and do Apple-I to get the info, then ensure 'open under rosetta' is clicked.

force_nn.gif

OP
K
Reaction score
Hmmm....well I tried that, but "Open using Rosetta" isn't even an option! I guess that would be my problem, but how would I fix that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.