a couple dual monitor questions

C

chris041067

ive got a new pb 15" and i have it hooked up to an external monitor for more screen real estate...i was wondering if theres any way to make the itunes visualizer play on both monitors without turning on mirroring?

also, how can i just use the extenal monitor and have the pb lid closed? like if i wanted to watch a movie on the larger screen and close the pb. I have an external keyboard and mouse as well.

ok and this one has nothing to do with using 2 monitors but im going to throw it in here -
is there any way to close the pb lid and have it still play music from itunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
chris041067 said:
ok and this one has nothing to do with using 2 monitors but im going to throw it in here -
is there any way to close the pb lid and have it still play music from itunes?

If you have a bluetooth mouse or keyboard, you can close the lid and then use the mouse or keyboard to wake it up. Just be careful cause the laptop will overheat with the lid closed if it's not asleep.

Jerry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
if u don't have a bluetooth mouse, u can get a prog called sleepless on version tracker. it works well, but like gljones said, it will make ur pb more prone to overheat. something more practical would be to just turn the contrast all the way down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.