Problems with Magic Mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook White, 21.5" iMac, iPhone 3GS 16GB Black, 32Gb iPad, Apple TV 2nd gen
Hey, I'm new here and wondered if anybody could give me some advice.

I recently purchased an iMac 21.5" over Christmas, everything was fine and working perfectly (including the Magic Mouse).

However, about a month ago my Magic Mouse started to disconnect itself and just not respond or reconnect at all and the green light was not flashing- it just "went dead". The only way I could bring it back to life was to remove the batteries and replace them with new ones. Then everything would be fine. A few days later it would do this again and I'd have to repeat the process, using new batteries each time.

Now this has started happening more frequently, about 3 times a day. I've tried using different brands of battery, but it's still happening!
I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this and if they could give me any advice? Is it worth taking to the Apple Store?

I have no other complaints about this mouse, I think it's fantastic but I'm now wondering whether a wired mouse is a better option!

Many thanks. :(

Reaction score
Hi there,

If I were in your position, I would call Apple and speak to someone in the technical support team, regarding your Magic Mouse problems.
This way, should the mouse need replacing under warranty, your case will be documented at Apple's end and you will be assigned a case ID.

Apple may opt to replace the Magic Mouse from their end, or they may ask you to visit a reseller to get a replacement mouse and if they do, then having the above-mentioned case ID would save you having to explain all this again and possibly demonstrate an intermittent fault to the resellers staff.

Hope this helps.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook White, 21.5" iMac, iPhone 3GS 16GB Black, 32Gb iPad, Apple TV 2nd gen
Thanks for your reply, I shall give it a go.

If not, I'll be purchasing a wired mouse! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac - 4GB DDR3 RAM,1TB HDD,3.06 Intel Duo Core Processor
I'd definitely let them replace it for you, either that or buy another one for $69.99.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.