iMac Memory Upgrade

Reaction score
Well, I"m strongly considering getting an iMac. I had considered getting a Mac Mini, but i want a 2Ghz Mac Mini, 160GB HDD and 2GB of RAM. I know that there are no online stores that sell that wtih those specs, and if I go to the Apple Store, those specs, and the apple keyboard go to about $1165 including tax. I thoguht to myself that's not a good deal. I then considered getting an iMac (lowest end model). It comes with a large HDD, a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse, so no need to buy any major accessories (except for the mouse, I just may use my current USB mouse). I can get it on MacMall.com for $1144 including a $50 mail-in rebate. Here's what's bugging me. I want 2GB of RAM. Luckily, the iMac comes with a 1GB module, and not 2x512MB modules. That way, all I have to do is buy the appropriate 1GB stick. I want to know if this RAM would work on the new iMacs:

http://tinyurl.com/2waoph

I'm pretty sure it has the exact same specs as the new iMac, but i'm not sure if it's copmletely compatible. What's bugging me is that since the new iMac just came out, these companies haven't really updated their specs to approve/disapprove the compatibility of the RAM. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me whether that RAM is compatbile wtih the new iMac. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
From what I've heard the memory spec hasn't changed on the iMacs. Its been the same since the first Intel iMacs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Looks like the same one I just bought from Crucial...works perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.