Library folder eating up space on HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15",1.67 GHz, 2 GB memory OS X 10.4.10. iMac 21.5 3.06 Ghz
Hi, my Library folder is taking too much space on my hard drive (almost 34 gigs). Can I do something to free up space? My 80 gig HD is almost full with all the app I have.
Thanks.

Reaction score
is it your user library? if so you could check the folder in there called mail downloads. You can probably empty a bunch of un needed stuff from there, unless you need it for saved mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I was just talking about this earlier with someone. To see what exactly is taking up space in any folder of your drive, there are two applications that might benefit you.

Disk Inventory X: This gives you a graphical "map" of your hard drive. It shows you blocks of data, the larger the block, the larger the file (or folder).
Picture2-3.jpg

WhatSize: This gives you a good old chart view where you can sort your entire hard drive according to file size. Pretty handy.
Picture3-1.jpg

NOTE: Yeah, those are two huge files in my library. Both are virtual drives, one is for XP :Angry-Tongue: and one is for ubuntu :D

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15",1.67 GHz, 2 GB memory OS X 10.4.10. iMac 21.5 3.06 Ghz
Thanks for the replies, I will check the email stuff as soon I get home. And yes, it is my user library.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Look in the cache folder. You should be able to clean that up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.