iTunes 11 Missing Cover Flow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Does anybody else feel that the omission of Cover Flow from iTunes 11 is a big mistake.
It looked great on my 27 inch iMac. I'm missing it already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I know what you mean. I've updated just now. I'm not sure whether it's a big mistake though.

I decided to unsync all the music on my iPhone and rip some CD's into iTunes just to get a feel for what it's like and it's radical, dare I say simpler.

The latest version seems to have much less of a 'list' feel to it and I'm finding the drop-down view of a selected album's contents very stylish and easy on the eye.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
That is currently the one thing I miss and hope more people feel the same so Apple will bring it back .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I kinda miss the rounded edges on the album covers. I know silly huh..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
I am gutted that the coverflow has been removed. very unhappy.

I am also finding things much more difficult if I want to add artwork to an album?. I dont use the auto function normally I get the cover from say Amazon and copy it directly in iTunes. Before you used to have a window to drag it into now the only way I can see is by using the control button get info and add artwork that way. Much much more hassle. Any Ideas on this??.

I also dont like that you cant see how big your music library is, before it was displayed at the bottom, now i cant see it.

Some positives, but for me the loss of coverflow is very disappointing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
As far as Album covers are concerned. Clicking on the said album and then right clicking on it you can choose "Get Info" and it will select all the track in that album. You can then change the displayed album cover like before. Also clicking on the album cover and then File menu at the top list Get Info as well. Hope that helps.

- Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
Anyone know how to sign in to the ITunes store in 11 ? I want to get album artwork and it directs me to go to the store and sign in. I go to the store...my email appears so am I signed in....not. I still cannot get it!

Bob J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Anyone know how to sign in to the ITunes store in 11 ? I want to get album artwork and it directs me to go to the store and sign in. I go to the store...my email appears so am I signed in....not. I still cannot get it!

Bob J
Did you create an iTunes account ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
Already had one. Clicked on my email address and can now sign in. Went to file or edit drop down menu and then library and get artwork. Going slowly but its seems to be getting it all.

Bob J

C

chas_m

According to Walt Mossberg of the WSJ, Apple found that few people were using the Cover Flow option. Send feedback to the iTunes team, perhaps they will change their mind and restore it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.