eMac won't turn on

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hope someone can help with this problem. I've got a 10 year old eMac that won't turn on after having been set aside for a few months.

I moved the computer to make room for some new gear a few months back. Some time later I wanted to get something off the computer so I hooked it back up and hit the power button, but the computer refused to start up. When I hit the button it makes the typical start up sound and I can hear the fan kick in, but after a few moments everything just goes dead again. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Quicksilver 733Mhz 256mb ram, 40gb hdd, also G4 Imac 17inch flat panel 800Mhz, 1gb ram, 80gb hdd
I do not know much about emac, but many faults I can hear about on macs seems to be always pointing to the PRAM battery, and since you have left it there for a while, it could be that the battery has discharged.
If you know how to open it, maybe you can check the battery or just replace it.
Maybe someone more compitent on macs can help you a bit more about your issue. There are many people on this forum who are ready to help you believe me, just give them some time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.