iPod nano jailbreak?

Reaction score
Hey!? Do you think they'll ever be an iPod nano 7 jailbreak so you can add games and stuff?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Nano screen in my opinion is too small to use for games. I haven't seen the 8th generation Nano yet but I suspect it too would not be large enough for games.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
First, I went ahead and moved your thread to the iPod forum, since this is decidedly not 'off topic', and therefore doesn't belong in the off-topic forum.

Secondly, be aware that the iPod Nano and iPod Classic do not run on iOS or OS X, but rather the old nameless iPod OS that is little more than a shell for playing music and some basic apps. There were some basic games developed for that iPod OS, but development quickly was abandoned once the more full-feature iOS devices came upon the scene.

That said, I highly doubt you'll see any games for the iPod Nano other than any basic ones that Apple pre-installs on them.

If the ability to play games is a priority, you might want to consider an iPod Touch instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.