USB fash drive not recognized in G4

Reaction score
This is an interesting situation I have going on. I have a PowerMac G4 Quicksilver model that I just got my hands on. There is only 2 native USB ports in the rear, so i added a USB 2.0 pci card to it. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard receiver plugged into the PCI card and that works great. When I plug a USB flash drive into one of the 2 native ports, its finds it and comes right up. If I plug it into any one of the 4 new USB ports off of the PCI card, the computer wont see it. The LED on the flash drive lights up so I know it gets power, and the mouse and keyboard work off it too. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

First up you need to make sure your PCI card is actually Mac compatible and were drivers included on a software CD? Next question is did you get a reliable brand such as Sonnet or Belkin and not a Hong Kong cheapie? Many say they are Mac compatible but very few in fact are.

The problem is not with the computer but the PCI card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.