iphone 3g wont update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
i get this error. i click update iphone, but it says my itunes is already up to date.

f2e0l.jpg

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
tried restoring my phone but that didnt work. all my software is up-to-date... im using a 2007 macbook on tiger. really sucks because i cant download some apps that require iOS 4.0 or higher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I believe you need to update to iTunes 10. However, iTunes 10 requires OS X 10.5 or higher. So you'll need to update your OS which will allow you to update iTunes which will allow you to update the iPhone.

If you post the specs of your machine, I'm sure someone will help you determine whether 10.7 is an option or if you can only upgrade to 10.6. (I wasn't part of the Mac community in 2007. Not sure what the current MB specs were like at the time.)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
ok thanks for the help thats probably what the problem is, i just dont want to update to 10.5 because i like tiger osx. here are my specs, i think their good enough.

o8cgmw.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.