Max Files Open Limit?

A

Andy B

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what the 'maximum files open limit' is in OSX. I've hit a problem with an audio application and am trying to work out if it's the application or the OS.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

OP
V

vuschejan

Andy B said:
Hi,

I'm trying to find out what the 'maximum files open limit' is in OSX. I've hit a problem with an audio application and am trying to work out if it's the application or the OS.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.
There is no max... However if your talking about Garageband, different apps run on RAM and garageband needs A LOT of ram run through a complex song, so maybe it would help if you told us the program

OP
A

Andy B

Hi vuschejan,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using a program called Kontakt. It's a sampler that you load files (in the shape of samples) into. At the moment it appears to be maxing out at around the 10,500 samples loaded mark. Btw - It's isn't a RAM issue as it only loads a 24k buffer for each sample and when it maxes out it's only using 700mbs and I've got 3.5 gigs in my machine.

Thanks,

Andy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.