iWeb page, hosting?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using iWeb for the first time.
What I want to do is create a page (well several pages, but one overall site), and then upload it to a domain name. If I purchase the domain name, will I be able to upload the iWeb site to it? And if so, how do I do that? Would I need a .Mac account? Or a mobileme account?

Thanks.

OP
W
Reaction score
Like, the thing is,
it seems like i have to have mobileme or .mac to upload it.

how can i simply take a page on iMac, buy a domain, and get the page on that domain?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
iWeb has an option to publish to a folder. Design you site, publish to a folder, upload to your web host server.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Like, the thing is,
it seems like i have to have mobileme or .mac to upload it.

how can i simply take a page on iMac, buy a domain, and get the page on that domain?

You will also have to have web hosting.

Reaction score
IWeb is just a program that allows you to design web pages. Domain and hosting account are very different things. You need a physical space on a server (disk space) to where you need to upload your files. There is a main directory where to place them in each web hosting account.

Domain name is just a virtual web address pointed to the server where your web pages are stored.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. 2.0Ghz. 1GB RAM.120GB harddrive.
iWeb has an option to publish to a folder. Design you site, publish to a folder, upload to your web host server.

I think that is going to help, my friend has a domain and site we have been using that he bought from "yahoo!"
And i wanted to try and re-do the whole page with iweb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.