iPhoto 08

Reaction score
iPhoto 08 has an auto-typing feature I'd like to turn off. When I'm inputting keywords on a photo, iPhoto completes the word or phrase for me from something entered on other photos and I find this very irritating. It takes me much longer to label my photos if I have to keep backspacing or deleting and starting over. I can find no way to switch this "helpful" little feature OFF! Help, please.

C

chas_m

I don't mean to be rude, but ... um, of course you can't turn that off. It's KEYWORDS. By their nature, you use the same ones most often.

If you have some "bad" keywords you'd like to get rid of, you can edit your keyword list. I can't recall how to do it in iPhoto 08 because its so out-of-date, but in iPhoto '11 you go to the "Window" menu and select "Manage My Keywords" and then "Edit Keywords" from the keywords box that appears. That should help.

If you have a third-party keyword manager installed, you'll want to use that to edit your keyword list instead.

OP
K
Reaction score
Keywords

Well, thank you. So I cannot have keywords like John, and then John and Marsha, etc. or when I want to just put in John, it spells out John and Marsha for me?
I'll see what I can do with Editing Keywords and using some shortcuts. I'd sooner just turn it off, but I guess that might not be possible. Appreciate the guidance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.