Apple to Galaxy music transfer

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know, I know. I got a Galaxy S4. Go ahead and shoot me. But I do have a question. All of my music is on my iTunes library and I want to get it on my Samsung. Is there a quick (and free, if possible) way to do this?
Thanks

C

chas_m

I haven't used an Android device with iTunes, but other non-Apple devices generally just get mounted like a thumb drive, then you drag and drop your files into the Music folder. I would imagine that a Galaxy S4 would be able to play AAC (iTunes' default format), right? If not, you may need to use MP3 format instead.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The phone will play those files assuming they're unprotected.

Samsung has their own software (Kies) that you can use to manage the content on your device.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Member chas_m is correct. The Galaxy will mount just like a thumb drive where you can then drag and drop music (must be mp3 format) to the phone. Make sure you have the Samsung USB cable for the Galaxy. I don't know if your model ships with that cable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
What I like to do is get a flash memory card, and just create a folder for music. Then, drag your music from iTunes into that music file that's on the memory card. I do this for large number of songs. If it's just one or two songs, I just use DropBox to do it wirelessly on the go. Those seem to be the most reliable for me. Kies is just terribly unreliable from my experience. I also like to have all my media on one card, instead of being scattered between the phone and external memory card.

Reaction score
Australia. Just kidding. Somewhere in florida.
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air running the epic Mountain Lion
blahblahblah

Hey, I am somewhat of an apple veteran. I also recently switched to an HTC One. There are many apps to file swap but if you have a certain number of songs eg. less than 100 you can use the app MP3 music download from play store. It doesnt always work but its not bad. if it asks for more credits then just delete then re install. iSyncr is prob a better bet tho.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There are many apps to file swap but if you have a certain number of songs eg. less than 100 you can use the app MP3 music download from play store.
You might as well use the official Android File Transfer app from Google - it's free and easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.