downloading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac
new user but on an older machine and could use some help. had started a small business so being on a shoestring budget, pick-up, given an old g3 mac,w/ $30 shipping. now since first got have came a long way (never used computer before) and did my own upgrades ram, tiger other. was told leopard was pushing it. so now been pretty much in time able find my way around this machine, getting good feel. but for the longest time i been unsure about certain software and downloads. (once i get them them i'm good to go thx to this site) are they free, will they work, etc and how they work in regards to mac. especially one and that software would be the micro soft programs, the ones that were running on this machine before upgrade, previous user had them, must of installed them when he had it. but since the computer crashed (had the ? mark and file back up set up wasn't here yet, burner) so just got new tiger disk and started fresh. but now i'm wondering about since some of these micro software programs were on this machine, could i download them again? the old windows office, power point and entourage downloads) and for free (thought that's what the download site said) and lastly, was a site also for windows, media player or windows media player that's important to have and going to need , if not that something similar but that's down the road. if anyone knows how that works, or gets to work. alright,sorry for long one was gonna make some calls on this with manufacture but working to jobs for a spell and seen the forum. just hope i'm not off base on the download but still learning, if get a chance a little direction think will would go a long way for me thz tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Windows Media Player is free, but Quicktime is better (download a program called Flip4Mac to enable it to play Windows video files).

The other software you mention is commercial I'm afraid. Microsoft Office, which includes Entourage and PowerPoint) needs to be bought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Technically, the Microsoft Office apps were registered to the previous owner. If he installed them, you should have deleted them when you got the machine. I bet there is some clause in the terms and conditions of Office that the owner can not distribute the product. Plus, it's illegal to distribute pre-load software on eBay the discs aren't included.
Unfortunately, you have no rights or ownership to Office so all you could do is download the trial versions like everyone else until you can afford your own copy.
Sorry.
As for a media player, try Flip4Mac as suggested.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac
there gone, when i saw them the computer wasn't mine and became adm. they were gone (never used them but just thought i'd ask), thanks. also, heard of flip4mac somewhere, will look into that over windows media player. thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.