Im gonna get killed...:)

A

adiliegro

My wife doesnt know it yet, but I just got me a new toy for the "business". She is ging to kill me when she finds out, but OMG...I just unboxed a G5 PowerMac Dual 2 ghz and this thing is AWESOME! I was...WAS...using the iMac for my photo editing (Im a photographer) and it was decent, but this powermac makes it look like a Tandy computer in comaprison. The PowerMac only has 512 megs of ram in it right now and the iMac has a gig and this thing is 10 times faster. Those dual processors really DO make a difference!

Transferring my files from the iMac to the PowerMac could not have been simpler. Plugged in the firewire and BAM, it was done before I knew it.

GOD, I LOVE MACS!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Sounds like your wife is going shopping after the heated discussion.

OP
L

Lasha

Congradulations on the purchase! Heh. Did you directly connect the iMac and the PowerMac which a firewire?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Congratz on the G5 dual. A photo powerhouse to be sure! :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
uhm.. yea about that... sign me up for a PowerBook ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
and I'll take one of them g5s you got for your wife.

OP
A

adiliegro

She actually took it a LOT better than I thought. She saw it, looked at me really mad then said - "So, I get the iMac G5, right?"

Um, yeah. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like you are selling the old iMac and getting a new G5 iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, to be honest, I wouldn't dare to do that... i mean I do buy stupid things all the time and tell the girlfriend eventually, but a Powermac? That's a BIG impulse buy to have to explain...

Oh well, as long as you can afford it!

OP
A

adiliegro

Actually, it wasnt an impulse buy. I had been thinking about it for quite some time. Honestly, I needed the processor speed. I am a wedding photographer and need speed and power when I am processing my weddings (3000 images for one wedding...it takes speed and power). Renee undertands that it is a business expense, just like my cameras (which cost more than the Powermac for one).

I just sat the iMac G5 on her desk and didnt open my mouth about it. She LOVES that computer. LOL.

OP
Z

zeppster

sounds like your pretty much all set with money huh? How many macs do you have? maybe I should become a wedding photographer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
as a wedding photographer Im sure youre loving iphoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.