iPhone 4S not syncing with iTunes after iOS 6.1 update

Reaction score
After I updated my iPhone to iOS6.1 I could not connect my phone to sync with iTunes 10.7 on my MacBook. I got the error "42408" and then this message appeared:

"iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone “Jane’s iPhone”. Go to the Summary tab in iPhone preferences and click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings."

I obviously don't want to restore my phone to factory settings so I'm not sure what's going on.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Just so you know, I have a late 2008 MacBook Pro 15" and I do not have the latest iTunes installed-- I did for awhile and I downgraded to 10.7 after it was extremely sluggish on my computer. So I have 10.7 and do not want to upgrade to the newest iTunes.

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue. I did however do a restore. I was able retrieve everything from backup except my music files. The iPhone 4s refuses to sync music. Everything else syncs fine.
Anyone else have this problem and any ideas ?:Grimmace:

Reaction score
I found a fix.

I donloaded iExplorer from Cnet.com), plugged in my iPhone and deleted the iTunes_Control folder (I assume one of the files within was corrupt). I then re-synced with iTunes. It prompted me for a name for my iPhone and wanted to reinstall all my apps from backup, Now the music syncs normally.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.