Opera Users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
This was my favorite browser on Windows, but it's terrible on Mac. Some issues the Opera forums refuse to resolve for me (copy/pasted):

1. Is anyone else experiencing problems loading the new Facebook interface, which they've made standard? It'll load for me, but it's slow to load and it eats up all my resources.

2. I have tried opening two different links from two different e-mail newsletters, which open fine in the Safari browser, and they show up as broken links in Opera. Same thing happens when manually going to the site. The sites are kentnewsnet.com and allmusic.com.

3. I've installed Flash three times and Opera 9.6 still won't recognize it, forcing me to use another browser.

Reaction score
Yeah I always liked opera but always preferred FF over it anyways. Plus Opera is old as balls too lol. Have you tried reinstalling Opera it self?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Yeah I always liked opera but always preferred FF over it anyways. Plus Opera is old as balls too lol. Have you tried reinstalling Opera it self?

Yeah, and I just updated to the most recent version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.53Ghz (with 512MB NVIDIA 9600M GT), silver iPod Classic 120GB, white iPhone 3G
New Facebook hates Opera

This was my favorite browser on Windows, but it's terrible on Mac. Some issues the Opera forums refuse to resolve for me (copy/pasted):

1. Is anyone else experiencing problems loading the new Facebook interface, which they've made standard? It'll load for me, but it's slow to load and it eats up all my resources.

I don't own a Mac (but am getting my first one next week), however I've been a faithful user of Opera for Windows during the last two years. I haven't upgraded my Windows machine to 9.6 yet (am still using 9.52) but I have noticed considerable issues with the 'new Facebook'. It lags terribly, Facebook chat never seems to work; it's a mess. I normally end up switching to another browser to use Facebook.

As far as the other two issues you pointed out, I should be able to report on those sometime next week as Opera will be one of the first things I install on my new Mac. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Why would you use Opera, use FireFox or Safari.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There are people Like me for one, who have used Opera for years and years. I like Opera and have it installed on every system I own, Mac and PC. Some people just like it like others like Firefox or Safari or even IE. Yes there are IE lovers also.

Whatever issues the new Facebook interface has caused will be addressed I am sure. Do remember there are a lot of sites that crash Safari or just won't work properly with it also. Even Firefox has issues on an occasional site that is designed only to work properly on IE.

Reaction score
I agree with dravis7: the problem might be with Facebook not Opera. Sometimes sites are just set up with one particular type of browser in mind. Give it some time and see what happens. Also just read that Opera just hired a top designed so Opera might just be taking on a new, better look.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
On the OP's 3rd point. I use Opera on many sites that use Flash like You Tube. It works perfectly here for me. Mac OSX 10.5.5 and Opera 9.6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.