Unwanted page size change

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Lion I have a recurring problem when viewing pages opened up in Safari. As I move my cursor over a page I'm reading, it will frequently go to max size (extending the edges beyond the readable screen). I can get it back to normal by selecting "actual size" in the View menu, but it's very annoying, since I didn't want it to happen in the first place. Anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Odd. You normally do that by pressing COMMAND and + together to magnify. Try that… is that the same thing you are experiencing?

Also… what Mac do you have? What version OS X? Using a mouse or trackpad or both? Are you using 3rd party drivers/utilities for the mouse/trackpad?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'm using an iMac (G5?) with an intel processor; running Lion 10.7.2; wireless mouse and keyboard.

Yes, the magnification is the same as if I used Command +, except when you do that you can increase in phases .... when you WANT it to. This problem just occurs randomly without any input from me (that I'm aware of).

Again, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks for the response. I'm using an iMac (G5?) with an intel processor; running Lion 10.7.2; wireless mouse and keyboard.

Definitely not a G5. That's pre-Intel and would be incapable of running Lion.

Yes, the magnification is the same as if I used Command +, except when you do that you can increase in phases .... when you WANT it to. This problem just occurs randomly without any input from me (that I'm aware of).

Best guess at the moment is that you have keys stuck, or perhaps the keyboard has some weird random short that sends that key combo randomly. Can you try a different keyboard? Any will do so long it's USB… even a Windows version.

You could also try unpairing, then re-pairing your bluetooth keyboard for kicks.
Bluetooth: How to set up your Apple Wireless Keyboard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.