konfabulator???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Thinking of downloading konfabulator onto my ibook. Anyone have any opinions on this app either good or bad?

www.konfabulator.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
its useful for a lot of things. everything from radar maps for weather of your area, weather conditions, calendars, file converters, itunes remotes, all sorts of great stuff, games too, internet radio, ichat companions, cpu monitors and the like. almost anything you wann do with konfab, you can.

D

Danster

Thanks for the link i didn't really pay attention to konfab before and now that i have downloaded it it's great i hate always having to go to activity moniter everytime to see whats making my Mac go mad :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I used Konfab for quite a long time on my powerbook, but I finally got rid of it because it really taxed my system.. all those widgits use up a lot of resources, especially on a portable and can really get that fun humming. I don't use it on my new iMac because I have realized that I really did not need all the widgits that I was using.. so I don't use it at all anymore :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do often find myself cleaning out widgets I no longer use, I mean you can only have so many remote controls for itunes before it gets ridiculous. but I do use it for things like weather, forecast, mail, cpu usage, etc.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went ahead and downloaded it, i really like the weather and the itunes alarm clock. I did notice it uses a lot of resources though, think I'll give it a few days and decide whether to keep it, thanks for the help all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, it costs money.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is a free trial period, byt then yes it costs money, $25 I think. As it turns out the creator of konfabulator had a lawsuit against apple claiming that Apple copied his konfabulator for the OS Tiger's dashboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Which is rubbish as apple had a desktop widgets in one of their older OS's long before konfabulator came out..

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well yeah the lawsuit was trashed and the knofabulator guy said he doesnt see his product surviving much longer, so if you are planning on buying a subscription to Konfab, you may want to wait for tiger. Seems to me that with the new dashboard, updates and support for konfab is gonna take a nosedive.

R

ryanyogan

Im pretty sure konf.. will whip out some really cool widgets for a small price to stay alive. The ones that come pre installed on Tiger are pretty much all you could need, I personally can't wait for a dictionary, flight tracker, and weather that is all I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well they will most likely come out with a windows version where the competition will also be intense (1000's of crappy little apps that do similar stuff) but no one has a complete package like konfab has...

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Knofab already has a windows version. my wife has it, the selection doesnt compare with what they have for mac, but it does the basics and then some.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.