How do I email Bookmarks?

Reaction score
I just switched to a Macbook Pro after 28 years on a PC. I love my Mac.
I'm using Firefox because I want google Bookmarks.
My question, Whats the best way to send friends a copy of a single bookmark?
I have a slow connection and don't want to open up the page and copy/Paste the link into my email copy.

I've tried the Apple+C and Apple+V when I highlight the bookmark (Without opening the page) but that does'nt work.
Friends send me 4-5 links all the time in their mail, so that must be an easy way.
When I move the curser over the bookmark, the hyperlink shows up in the tag, so I know it there. Just cannot get it to show up in my text copy.
Thanks
Glenn

Reaction score
Try:right/or control-click, copy link to clipboard.
There might even be a command to email the link in the contextual menu, I don't remember.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
If you are using Mac Mail, and have Firefox open, go to the bookmarks menu, and click Organize Bookmarks. Once there, just find the bookmark you want to send, and drag it into your email message. It will insert the link into the message for for you. This will also work in the Yahoo!, Hotmail and GMail web mail clients if you are using them. Hope this helps.

Erik

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I've tried the Apple+C and Apple+V when I highlight the bookmark (Without opening the page) but that doesn't work.

That should work, so try repairing permissions, preferably using OnyX Titanium Software. [I note you're on a slow connection, but the file shouldn't take forever to download. Be sure to get the right version for your current OS.]

I use Camino, a lesser cousin of Firefox. In the bookmarks manager I L-clicked the above link, which highlighted it. Then, as you've done, I used Cmd-C to copy it, and then Cmd-V to paste it in this response.

I've just replicated the same method in FFox, thus ... Stuff.co.nz - Latest New Zealand News & World News, Sports News & NZ Weather Forecasts.

I pasted that same link into TextEdit, and it showed as a hyperlink (not the text format that I'd copied from the bookmarks). I pasted it into Word, and it showed as a text-format link (until I hit Return). So, copying and pasting does work, but not with your Mac, hence the advice that you repair permissions.

C

chas_m

In Safari, not only is there a specific command for this (shift-command-i, "Mail Link to this Page") you can even email the page whole (command-i, "Mail this page").

But here's the thing that might be tripping you up: when you copy and paste a full URL into a Mail message, you're still going to see it as text. It won't be active.

But when your recipient gets the message, the link WILL be active. So no worries.

OP
Reaction score
Still cannot make it work

I know that sometimes I don't know what I'm doing, but I still cannot make it work.

Les say I'm composing an email in Hotmail.com or AOL.com (the two mail I use) and I want to insert a link to one of my bookmarks. Right now, I have to open the page, highlite copy, Paste. All this takes time.
I would love to find an easy method of coping the bookmark into my message without having to open each bookmarked page.
Thanks
Glenn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I know that sometimes I don't know what I'm doing, but I still cannot make it work.

Les say I'm composing an email in Hotmail.com or AOL.com (the two mail I use) and I want to insert a link to one of my bookmarks. Right now, I have to open the page, highlite copy, Paste. All this takes time.
I would love to find an easy method of coping the bookmark into my message without having to open each bookmarked page.
Thanks
Glenn

Use Spaces. Open up a 'new' email window and 'organize bookmark' from Firefox in the same 'space' or desktop. Drag and drop all the bookmarks you desire to send within that new email windows. The idea is to have only those two windows to work with so you can do a drag and drop. I've tried it and it works =)

Actually, if you are using AOL mail, you can open it up in Firefox. Click 'Compose' then click on 'Organize Bookmark' under Bookmark a new smaller window should pop up with all you bookmarks. Then just drag and drop.

OP
Reaction score
How do I get two windows?

I know this will sound dumb to some of you mac users, but How do I get two small windows?

I open Firefox
I open up AOL
Select compose
On google toolbar, select Bookmarks
When bookmarks come up, select, manage all

Then new window shows up and the AOL window is gone. Its not behind the Bookmarks window as in most cases. I move the window side to side, up and down.
What am I doing wrong?
Maybe one day I will get this Mac down pat.
Thanks
Glenn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Don't use the bookmarks button on the google toolbar. If you have the pages bookmarked in Firefox, click bookmarks on the menu bar at the top of your screen, and then click Organize Bookmarks. From the window that opens, you can drag and drop the link into your message without having to go to the actual page.

Screen shot 2010-02-21 at 1.42.35 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2010-02-21 at 1.43.01 PM.jpg

OP
Reaction score
Open two windows

Thanks for the info, but all my bookmarks are in Google bookmarks. I use several computers and google bookmarks seem to work best for me.

There must be some way to organize bookmarks so that you can send them easily thru email.

I get mail all the time from friends that include 4-5 links.
Glenn

OP
Reaction score
I figured it out.

Hello everyone
I just figured out how to copy and paste bookmarks from google bookmarks to AOL

Open AOL compose mail.
Click on Google bookmarks
Highlight the bookmark I want to copy
click on edit bookmark
When the link appears in edit window, highlight it
Click command C
select area where I want to paste it in the aol mail
Click Command V

Hola.... It appears in my mail
Thanks
Glenn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Hello everyone
I just figured out how to copy and paste bookmarks from google bookmarks to AOL

Open AOL compose mail.
Click on Google bookmarks
Highlight the bookmark I want to copy
click on edit bookmark
When the link appears in edit window, highlight it
Click command C
select area where I want to paste it in the aol mail
Click Command V

Hola.... It appears in my mail
Thanks
Glenn

Glad it works for you =) If you can import/export your bookmarks into Firefox. I think it use .html file for bookmarks. You would saved yourself several steps. If I leave the 'bookmark toolbar' view option in the browser window, I can click on the bookmark icon and a sidebar would pop up with all my bookmarks. Then just drag and drop them into the 'compose' email. This might depends on the Firefox theme that you have also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.